What are the Best Baby Strollers?
The best baby strollers are those that work for you, your baby, your lifestyle and your budget. Below are the most important features to consider when comparing strollers. Some factors will be more important or less important depending on how you will use your stroller.
For example, if you will be mostly walking the malls you won't be as concerned with front locking wheels or shock absorbers (but you will want a big storage baskets for all your new goodies!). You will find the best baby strollers for you. For most of the the best baby stroller is usually two strollers!
Stroller Features to Consider:
1. Storage Basket - I loved the storage baskets on my first two strollers! The bigger the better and make sure you can get to them when the stroller is fully reclined. You will do most of your shopping when the baby is sleeping!
2. Weight - This is a big issue to consider if your stroller will come in and out of the car a lot, up and down stairs or used when traveling on an airplane. The best baby strollers for me will always be the lightest ones!
3. Handle Steering & Height - I'm 5'10" and can tell you it sucks to push a stroller that is too short. Test them out in person to make sure it is tall enough for you AND yoursignificant other. Many strollers have a single bar handle that allows you to steer the stroller with just one hand (while you sip your latte with the other). However, some strollers have two handles so that they can fold up more compactly. However, they also require two hands to steer.
4. Reclining seat - A must to get your baby to take that all important stroller nap on the go!
5. Snack tray - I love having a snack tray, although not a required feature. Having a place for some cheerios and sippie cup does add to the amount of quiet time you can get!
6. Cup Holder - For you! You have to have somewhere to put your latte while the baby is sleeping. You can buy an add on cup holder if needed but I prefer the built in ones.
7. Folding it up - It has to be easy. It doesn't have to be a one button fold, I always put my kids in their car seats before I fold up the stroller so I always have two hands available for the job! Also, make sure it folds up small enough to fit in your car. This can be a deal breaker, unless you want to buy a new car to fit your new stroller! When possible I will include measurements of the strollers folded up.
8. Wheels - The bigger and the more of them, the smoother ride your baby will have. Many of the all-terrain and jogging varieties have inflatable tires. However, smaller tires will give you more maneuverability in small shops and restaurants.
9. Weather - You can get a stroller fully outfitted for a New England Winter, but do you really need one? How about a large sunshade if you live in somewhere sunny like Southern California or Florida? If you find a stroller you really like that meets your weather needs, great@ If not, there are plenty of weatherizing accessories you can get to finish of your perfect stroller.
8. Front Locking Wheels - Some strollers have the option of locking the front wheels so you can go in a straight line more quickly, good for exercising. I have never actually used this feature myself although a few of my strollers do have it.
9. Shock Absorbers & Suspension Systems - I surprised myself the first time I commented to my husband on how much I loved the shock absorbers on our stroller! They are great if you take your stroller on unpaved roads or uneven sidewalks.
10. Easy To Clean - It is amazing how dirty a stroller can get. Between spit up, bottles, sippy cups, snacks, dirt, leaves or a leaky diaper, your stroller will lose its "new car smell" quickly! Some strollers can be taken apart and washed in the washing machine (always use COLD water to prevent shrinking!), otherwise a good steam cleaner will be your best friend. Always use a hand vacuum first to suck up any dirt or food from the seat cushion. Check out
Best Vacuum Reviews
to find the best vacuum or steam cleaner to keep your stroller clean for your little one!"
Now that you know how to find the best baby strollers, let the obsession begin!
Click on the links to the left (or below) to view strollers by TYPE or BRAND.
If you are still stuck deciding what are the best baby strollers for you? Contact me and I would be happy to give my two cents! I'm here to help you and I'm always looking for a good reason to go stroller shopping!
The stroller obsession continues . . .
Need help with more than just strollers?
Check out these links for more great information for moms and babies!
Breastfeeding is often an issue for new moms, especially the first time around. I had a really hard time breastfeeding my first child but with help from other moms and a lactation consultant I was able to do and loved it! If you are having problems breastfeeding or just want to learn more about it, check out
Looking for stylish baby clothes for your stroller outings? Check out
Baby Rock Clothes!
Return from Best Baby Strollers to HomePage