The Best Jogging Stroller -
Not Just For Runners Anymore!
Looking for the best jogging stroller but you will never actually jog with it? Join the club! I have an awesome Baby Jogger double stroller but have NEVER actually ran with it. Jogging strollers are great for everyone they are:
- A dream to push
- Give a smooth ride for our kids
- Can handle a wide variety of terrain
Are you a serious runner? Good for you! I see you out there running with your happy camper cozy in his stroller. I'm too busy complaining that I don't have time to exercise to actually get out there and run with my stroller! LOL!
Looking for an inexpensive stroller? Check out our list of the
best inexpensive jogging strollers.
No matter what your needs - these are the best jogging strollers for you!
All-Terrain Jogging Strollers
All-Terrain strollers have a front swivel wheel with optional locking (unlike serious running strollers), large tires and shocks. They are great for off-road access on unpaved roads and sometimes snow & sand (make sure to get LARGE wheels if you plan to take it in snow or to the beach!).
Because of the front swivel wheel these strollers maneuver easily through shopping centers or crowded areas. Some have air-filled bicycle tires and some do not. They can be heavy and bulky but are joy to push! These are the best jogging strollers on the market
If you are serious runner and need performance, skip the All-Terrain section and check out the running strollers below.
Baby Jogger Strollers
- I know lots of moms with this stroller and they all have one thing in common . . . they LOVE it! This is a full-feature all-terrain stroller that can take you from off-road trails and to the mall. The BOB Revolution is on everyone's Best Jogging Stroller list!
- A personal favorite of mine, I've walked many miles with my City Series Classic! Lucky for you, they now make lighter versions for ease of transport but still packed with features. There are several versions to choose from based on your exact needs.
Phil & Ted's - An innovator in stroller design, Phill & Ted are the only stroller out there that can be adapted from a single to a double! One stroller to last you many years - a great investment.
Mountain Buggy Urban Single - An excellent stroller but very expensive at over $500. Great ride and loaded with features!
Tike Tech - Tike Tech offers up their new and improved all-terrain strollers for 2010. Loaded with feature, the CityX3 Single and Double are sure the be on everyone's "best of" list!
InStep Safari Joggers - Instep offers two version of their jogger, the Safari and the Suburban Safari. Both are available in a double or single model. This is a solid stroller, although quality has waned over the last few years. I hesitated putting it in the "Mid Range" section, it may soon move down to "Low End"
Jeep All-Terrain Strollers - The Jeep Liberty Limit and Jeep Liberty Sport are great options for a light-weight all terrain stroller. The kids love this stroller for its cute toy steering wheel and it has great features for parents too. The best thing about this stroller is the price! I highly recommend it.
Baby Trend Expedition
- Baby Trend offers economical strollers for just about everyone. They get mixed reviews on their jogging strollers. Read more about the
Baby Trend Expedition Single
Baby Trend Expedition Double
These are the strollers for the serious runners. What makes them different from the All-Terrain Strollers listed below? There are three main differences:
- Large bicycle wheel tires
- Light-weight frames
- Stationary front wheel for maximum glide
These strollers are NOT meant to be taken to the mall or amusement parks. Due to the stationary front wheel, they are hard to maneuver. They are also larger and bulkier than regular strollers.
Below are a list of the best jogging strollers out there and a couple of the best budget versions available. Expect the cheaper running strollers to be heavier and have less features.
Baby Jogger Performance Single & Double
- The cream of the crop of serious running strollers! This is one of the best if not THE BEST running stroller on the market.
BOB Running Strollers
- The most popular jogging strollers on the market. You are just as likely to see them at the mall as you are to see them in a marathon. Their fixed wheel models are the Ironman single & double (official stroller of the Ironman Triathlon), the SUS D'Lux (single only), and the Sport Utility single & double (with off-road tires).
Dreamer Design - started by an ex-Baby Jogger employee, Dreamer Design produces excellent strollers with their original bubble canopy providing more coverage.
Schwinn Free Runner Single and Double - Schwinn (made by InStep)have been players in the running stroller market for years, an natural progression due to the bicycle style tires.
Tike Tech's All Terrain X3 Sport Single and Double - A combination of off-road capability with the agility of a street jogger. This stroller is loaded with features not usually seen on a serious running stroller, including compatibility with infant car seats and bassinets.
Instep Jogging Strollers - If you need a running stroller on a budget, take a look at Instep. Their fixed wheel models are the Run Around (sing & double) and the Ultra Runner (single & double). Good quality at a great price!
Jeep Jogging Strollers - Rated surprisingly well, be sure to check out this stroller if you are on a budget. Currently they only offer the single version.
Only you will know which jogger is the Best Jogging Stroller for you. It depends on your needs and your budget. I don't think everyone needs a $400 jogger, you can get a great jogger on a budget!
For more great info on the best jogging strollers for the serious runner, check out this article in
Running Times Magazine.
The author has personally tested many of these models and has a lot of good info to share!
Return from Best Jogging Stroller to Home Page